What is involved in Cloud Architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Cloud Architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Cloud Architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Cloud Architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Cloud Architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Cloud Architecture related domains to cover and 164 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Cloud Architecture, Google Now, HP Cloud, Computer bureau, As a service, Linux kernel, Software as a service, Mobile app, Comparison of structured storage software, Microsoft Online Services, Loose coupling, Load balancer, Computer cluster, Audit log, Speculative multithreading, Apple Inc., Dataflow architecture, Barriers to entry, Ateji PX, Web API, HPE Helion, G Suite, Cloud engineering, Mobile backend as a service, Cloud research, Abiquo Enterprise Edition, Distributed shared memory, Business continuity, Capital expenditure, Flynn’s taxonomy, Bit-level parallelism, Security engineering, Software systems, Data center, Temporal multithreading, Cost efficiency, Rackspace Cloud, Message Passing Interface, Amazon Web Services, Instruction pipelining, Deterministic algorithm, Non-uniform memory access, Intelligent personal assistant:
Cloud Architecture Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Cloud Architecture adoptions and forecast involvement of future Cloud Architecture projects in development.
– How do you ensure that security policies are accurately and fully implemented across the cloud architectures you are using and buying into?
– Are you able to map the current architecture of the candidate application to cloud architecture?
– Are you buying into a cloud architecture/infrastructure/ service which is not compliant?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Cloud Architecture processes?
– How do we Identify specific Cloud Architecture investment and emerging trends?
– What are the usability implications of Cloud Architecture actions?
Google Now Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Google Now strategies and look in other fields.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Cloud Architecture agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is the Cloud Architecture organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Have you identified your Cloud Architecture key performance indicators?
HP Cloud Critical Criteria:
Frame HP Cloud tactics and visualize why should people listen to you regarding HP Cloud.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Cloud Architecture delivery for example is new software needed?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Cloud Architecture process?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Cloud Architecture move?
Computer bureau Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Computer bureau outcomes and achieve a single Computer bureau view and bringing data together.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Cloud Architecture services/products?
– What about Cloud Architecture Analysis of results?
As a service Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about As a service tasks and observe effective As a service.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Cloud Architecture that make it risky?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Cloud Architecture leaders?
– How would one define Cloud Architecture leadership?
Linux kernel Critical Criteria:
Pilot Linux kernel results and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Linux kernel projects.
– What are the key elements of your Cloud Architecture performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Cloud Architecture. How do we gain traction?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Cloud Architecture Management?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Gauge Software as a service outcomes and gather Software as a service models .
– What potential environmental factors impact the Cloud Architecture effort?
– What business benefits will Cloud Architecture goals deliver if achieved?
Mobile app Critical Criteria:
Understand Mobile app results and know what your objective is.
– If web or mobile app is used, has the website been developed in accordance with hopkins and or owasp guidance and is the site actively maintained and updated (see hopkins web checklist)?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Cloud Architecture project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Cloud Architecture project lifecycle?
– Do those selected for the Cloud Architecture team have a good general understanding of what Cloud Architecture is all about?
– How do we measure improved Cloud Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the steps to take when developing a mobile application?
Comparison of structured storage software Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Comparison of structured storage software goals and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Comparison of structured storage software decisions.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Cloud Architecture, including any consulting or professional services?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Cloud Architecture?
– How do we go about Securing Cloud Architecture?
Microsoft Online Services Critical Criteria:
Confer re Microsoft Online Services goals and report on developing an effective Microsoft Online Services strategy.
– Is a Cloud Architecture Team Work effort in place?
Loose coupling Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Loose coupling decisions and catalog what business benefits will Loose coupling goals deliver if achieved.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Cloud Architecture process?
– Think of your Cloud Architecture project. what are the main functions?
– What is Effective Cloud Architecture?
Load balancer Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Load balancer strategies and shift your focus.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Cloud Architecture is underway?
– Do we monitor the Cloud Architecture decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Cloud Architecture opportunities costing us money?
Computer cluster Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Computer cluster quality and find answers.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Cloud Architecture processes?
– Can we do Cloud Architecture without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are specific Cloud Architecture Rules to follow?
Audit log Critical Criteria:
Learn from Audit log failures and correct better engagement with Audit log results.
– Are audit logs regularly backed up, secured, and retained for at least three months online and one-year offline for all critical systems?
– Do access control logs contain successful and unsuccessful login attempts and access to audit logs?
– Which regulations state that server and audit logs must be stored on a central logging server?
– Maintain the integrity of audit logs through self-protection and limited auditor access?
– Are account numbers sanitized before being logged in the audit log?
– How do we maintain Cloud Architectures Integrity?
Speculative multithreading Critical Criteria:
Refer to Speculative multithreading adoptions and get going.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Cloud Architecture process?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Cloud Architecture project?
– What vendors make products that address the Cloud Architecture needs?
Apple Inc. Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Apple Inc. management and gather practices for scaling Apple Inc..
– How do we Lead with Cloud Architecture in Mind?
Dataflow architecture Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Dataflow architecture risks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Dataflow architecture projects.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Cloud Architecture information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– In a project to restructure Cloud Architecture outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Barriers to entry Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Barriers to entry risks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Barriers to entry.
– Is Supporting Cloud Architecture documentation required?
– Why should we adopt a Cloud Architecture framework?
Ateji PX Critical Criteria:
Nurse Ateji PX outcomes and report on setting up Ateji PX without losing ground.
– Is Cloud Architecture Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Web API Critical Criteria:
Audit Web API risks and correct better engagement with Web API results.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Cloud Architecture moving forward?
– How to deal with Cloud Architecture Changes?
HPE Helion Critical Criteria:
Confer re HPE Helion planning and find the ideas you already have.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Cloud Architecture with what users do day-to-day?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Cloud Architecture project?
– How can you measure Cloud Architecture in a systematic way?
G Suite Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze G Suite issues and test out new things.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Cloud Architecture strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Among the Cloud Architecture product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Have all basic functions of Cloud Architecture been defined?
Cloud engineering Critical Criteria:
Trace Cloud engineering visions and change contexts.
– Can we add value to the current Cloud Architecture decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Mobile backend as a service Critical Criteria:
Chart Mobile backend as a service engagements and define what our big hairy audacious Mobile backend as a service goal is.
– How likely is the current Cloud Architecture plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Cloud Architecture activities?
Cloud research Critical Criteria:
Design Cloud research projects and define what do we need to start doing with Cloud research.
– What are the short and long-term Cloud Architecture goals?
Abiquo Enterprise Edition Critical Criteria:
Check Abiquo Enterprise Edition failures and arbitrate Abiquo Enterprise Edition techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
Distributed shared memory Critical Criteria:
Investigate Distributed shared memory leadership and describe which business rules are needed as Distributed shared memory interface.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Cloud Architecture ?
Business continuity Critical Criteria:
Grasp Business continuity adoptions and document what potential Business continuity megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Who will be responsible for leading the various bcp teams (e.g., crisis/emergency, recovery, technology, communications, facilities, Human Resources, business units and processes, Customer Service)?
– Has specific responsibility been assigned for the execution of business continuity and disaster recovery plans (either within or outside of the information security function)?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Do you have a written business continuity/disaster recovery plan that includes procedures to be followed in the event of a disruptive computer incident?
– Does our business continuity and/or disaster recovery plan (bcp/drp) address the timely recovery of its it functions in the event of a disaster?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Do our business continuity andor disaster recovery plan (bcp/drp) address the timely recovery of our it functions in the event of a disaster?
– How will management prepare employees for a disaster, reduce the overall risks, and shorten the recovery window?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– To what extent does management recognize Cloud Architecture as a tool to increase the results?
– Does increasing our companys footprint add to the challenge of business continuity?
– How do we know that any Cloud Architecture analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How does our business continuity plan differ from a disaster recovery plan?
– Is the crisis management team comprised of members from Human Resources?
– Has business continuity been considered for this eventuality?
– Do you have any DR/business continuity plans in place?
– What do we really want from Service Management?
– Do you have a tested IT disaster recovery plan?
Capital expenditure Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Capital expenditure issues and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Capital expenditure is getting what it needs.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Cloud Architecture models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Flynn’s taxonomy Critical Criteria:
Learn from Flynn’s taxonomy results and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Flynn’s taxonomy results.
– In the case of a Cloud Architecture project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Cloud Architecture project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Cloud Architecture project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Cloud Architecture? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How much does Cloud Architecture help?
Bit-level parallelism Critical Criteria:
Focus on Bit-level parallelism engagements and report on developing an effective Bit-level parallelism strategy.
– For your Cloud Architecture project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Security engineering Critical Criteria:
Debate over Security engineering projects and triple focus on important concepts of Security engineering relationship management.
– How do we go about Comparing Cloud Architecture approaches/solutions?
Software systems Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Software systems strategies and create Software systems explanations for all managers.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Cloud Architecture processes?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Cloud Architecture values?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Investigate Data center adoptions and correct Data center management by competencies.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Cloud Architecture strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Cloud Architecture been identified and analyzed?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why should data center elements be monitored?
– Are there recognized Cloud Architecture problems?
– How many data center sites do you have?
Temporal multithreading Critical Criteria:
Test Temporal multithreading planning and develop and take control of the Temporal multithreading initiative.
– Do we all define Cloud Architecture in the same way?
Cost efficiency Critical Criteria:
Add value to Cost efficiency visions and get going.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Cloud Architecture experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do we have past Cloud Architecture Successes?
– Why are Cloud Architecture skills important?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Think about Rackspace Cloud failures and tour deciding if Rackspace Cloud progress is made.
– Does Cloud Architecture analysis show the relationships among important Cloud Architecture factors?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Cloud Architecture project?
– What are internal and external Cloud Architecture relations?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
Message Passing Interface Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Message Passing Interface tasks and optimize Message Passing Interface leadership as a key to advancement.
– Do the Cloud Architecture decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Why is Cloud Architecture important for you now?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Reason over Amazon Web Services tactics and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Amazon Web Services projects.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Cloud Architecture project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Cloud Architecture workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
Instruction pipelining Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Instruction pipelining issues and point out improvements in Instruction pipelining.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Cloud Architecture leader?
– What is the purpose of Cloud Architecture in relation to the mission?
Deterministic algorithm Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Deterministic algorithm governance and observe effective Deterministic algorithm.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Cloud Architecture activities?
Non-uniform memory access Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Non-uniform memory access tasks and handle a jump-start course to Non-uniform memory access.
Intelligent personal assistant Critical Criteria:
Confer re Intelligent personal assistant failures and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Intelligent personal assistant decisions.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Cloud Architecture?
– Does Cloud Architecture analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How do we Improve Cloud Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Cloud Architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cloud Architecture External links:
2 – Cloud Architecture Flashcards | Quizlet
Office 365 In-Place Hold | Cloud Architecture
Google Now External links:
Open Mic+ for Google Now – Android Apps on Google Play
Google Now Has Its Own Fidget Spinner App | Time
Google Now starts showing gas stations along your route
HP Cloud External links:
Using HP Cloud Recovery Client – YouTube
1961 Mercury 500 – 50 hp Cloud White – YouTube
Salesforce.com and HP Cloud Partnership – Salesforce.com
Computer bureau External links:
What is Computer Bureau? definition and meaning
Small Business Computer Bureau, LLC Home Page
GF Computer Bureau – Home | Facebook
As a service External links:
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Security As A Service – Cloud Security Provider | Alert Logic
Linux kernel External links:
Linux kernel – Official Site
Yet Another Linux Kernel Privilege-Escalation Bug …
Linux Kernel 4.12 Released — These Are The 5 Biggest Features
Software as a service External links:
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Software as a Service – InformationWeek
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Mobile app External links:
Parking mobile app & payment solution | PayByPhone
Cartoon Network Mobile Apps | Mobile Games and Apps …
Google AdMob – Mobile App Monetization & In App …
Microsoft Online Services External links:
Download Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant …
Loose coupling External links:
What is loose coupling? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Load balancer External links:
Load balancer – Resin 3.0
Load Balancer – F5 Networks
Load Balancer | Load Balancing – KEMP Technologies
Computer cluster External links:
Raspberry Pi Super Computer Cluster – GoFundMe
What is Computer Cluster? – Definition from Techopedia
Computer Cluster | Wilson College
Audit log External links:
Audit Log | FileMaker Community
http://An audit trail (also called audit log) is a security-relevant chronological record, set of records, and/or destination and source of records that provide documentary evidence of the sequence of activities that have affected at any time a specific operation, procedure, or event.
[DOC]PCF51 Audit Log QB – Exemplar Global
Speculative multithreading External links:
[PDF]Supporting Speculative Multithreading on …
Apple Inc. External links:
Apple Inc.: NASDAQ:AAPL quotes & news – Google Finance
Apple Inc. (AAPL) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
Dataflow architecture External links:
[PDF]Dataflow Architecture – Bilgisayar Mühendisliği Bölümü
Barriers to entry External links:
Barriers to entry, exit and mobility | The Economist
What is Barriers To Entry? definition and meaning
Barriers To Entry – Investopedia
Ateji PX External links:
Ateji PX – Quora
Web API External links:
ASP.NET Web API | The ASP.NET Site
Navionics Web API v2 – LAKE OF THE WOODS
Build a custom connector for a Web API – Microsoft Flow
HPE Helion External links:
Login – HPE Helion OpenStack
G Suite External links:
G Suite – Office of Information Technology
G Suite Status Dashboard
G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook® – Google
Cloud engineering External links:
L. A. Cloud Engineering Group (El Segundo, CA) | Meetup
Cloud Engineering Services
Mobile backend as a service External links:
MSCT Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaaS) | Mobile …
Abiquo Enterprise Edition External links:
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – WOW.com
OvumAbiquo – Abiquo Enterprise Edition – Ovum
Abiquo Enterprise Edition | crunchbase
Distributed shared memory External links:
[PDF]CHAPTER 7: DISTRIBUTED SHARED MEMORY
CiteSeerX — Distributed Shared Memory: A Survey
[PDF]Distributed Shared Memory: Concepts and Systems – …
Business continuity External links:
Business Continuity Plan | FEMA.gov
[PDF]Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Job …
Capital expenditure External links:
What Is Capital Expenditure? — The Motley Fool
Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) – Investopedia
[PDF]Capital Expenditure Policy – University of Texas …
Flynn’s taxonomy External links:
ICAR – Flynn’s Taxonomy Flashcards | Quizlet
Mod-03 Lec-23 Flynn’s Taxonomy, SIMD and Vector …
Flynn’s Taxonomy / Useful Notes – TV Tropes
Bit-level parallelism External links:
Bit-level parallelism Facts for Kids | KidzSearch.com
Bit-level Parallelism Pictures, Images & Photos | Photobucket
Bit-level parallelism Top # 8 Facts – YouTube
Security engineering External links:
Security Engineering – Covenant Security Solutions
Master of Science Cyber Security Engineering – USC Online
Software systems External links:
Insurance Agency Management Software Systems – …
Connecting Pharmacy Software Systems | Surescripts
Data center External links:
ADE Data Center – Home
National Oceanographic Data Center Home Page
Open Data Portal | NJOIT Open Data Center
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Rackspace Cloud Drive – Desktop Sync | Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace Cloud Files API 1.0 – Rackspace Developer Portal
Manual restores via Rackspace Cloud Backup API – …
Message Passing Interface External links:
Introduction to the Message Passing Interface (MPI) using C
Message Passing Interface (MPI)
Message Passing Interface (MPI) Exercise
Amazon Web Services External links:
Amazon.com – Amazon Web Services
http://Ad · aws.amazon.com/free
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
Instruction pipelining External links:
Instruction pipelining Facts for Kids | KidzSearch.com
Deterministic algorithm External links:
Example of a deterministic algorithm? – Stack Overflow
Non-uniform memory access External links:
NUMA (Non-Uniform Memory Access): An Overview – …
Non-uniform memory access – YouTube
Non-Uniform Memory Access (NUMA): Overview – Petri