What is involved in Systems analysis
Find out what the related areas are that Systems analysis connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Systems analysis thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Systems Analysis journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Systems Analysis leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Systems analysis related domains to cover and 273 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Systems analysis, System lifecycle, Bentley, Lonnie D., System thinking, Policy analysis, Performance engineering, System analyst, Computer engineering, Wolt Fabrycky, Information technology, Radhika Nagpal, Requirements engineering, Secretary of Defense, Software prototyping, Design review, Functional specification, Software architecture, Cost-effectiveness analysis, Wernher von Braun, Software architect, Work breakdown structure, Control engineering, Logico-linguistic modeling, Hawryszkiewycz, Igor T., System dynamics, System engineering, Enterprise systems engineering, Enterprise architecture, Mathematical optimization, Earth systems engineering and management, Waterfall model, Whitten, Jeffery L., Project management, Systems design, Morphological analysis, Systems analysis, Business analysis, Buckminster Fuller, Function model, Enterprise architect, Interdisciplinary field, Aerospace engineering, Risk management, Scientific discipline, Requirement analysis, Operations research, Electrical engineering, Software engineering, Ludwig von Bertalanffy, Quality management, Accident analysis, Systems analyst, System analysis, Business process, System architect, Stafford Beer, Reliability engineering, Systems theory, Soft systems methodology, Cost-benefit analysis, Quality function deployment, Program designer, System integration, Spiral model, Ruzena Bajcsy, Business analyst, Industrial engineering, Systems engineering:
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Map Systems analysis management and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Systems analysis results.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– How can probability estimates be obtained when the information available is severely limited?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– What is the purpose of the Systems Analysis report during the Systems Analysis phase?
– What are the principal mechanisms likely to bring about performance improvements?
– What service providers would be able to build this application if outsourced?
– Operational feasibility. will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– What other technologies, tools, or equipment are used in this process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
– What types of planning are necessary to ensure the system s success?
– What records are kept and how do they fit in with the functions?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– Technical feasibility. is the solution technically practical?
– Is this an acceptable application of a disruptive technology?
– What are the system analyst s and programmer s roles?
– Economic feasibility. is the solution cost-effective?
– How are our information systems developed ?
– Systems Analysis and design: why is it?
– Can something be combined?
– How will the system work?
System lifecycle Critical Criteria:
Adapt System lifecycle visions and stake your claim.
– Can we add value to the current Systems analysis decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Do Systems analysis rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What will drive Systems analysis change?
Bentley, Lonnie D. Critical Criteria:
Study Bentley, Lonnie D. failures and gather Bentley, Lonnie D. models .
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Systems analysis processes?
– Why should we adopt a Systems analysis framework?
System thinking Critical Criteria:
Map System thinking tactics and display thorough understanding of the System thinking process.
– Do the Systems analysis decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– To what extent does management recognize Systems analysis as a tool to increase the results?
Policy analysis Critical Criteria:
Model after Policy analysis decisions and arbitrate Policy analysis techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Consider your own Systems analysis project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do we Lead with Systems analysis in Mind?
– Is Systems analysis Required?
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Graph Performance engineering outcomes and find out.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Systems analysis project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Systems analysis project lifecycle?
– How important is Systems analysis to the user organizations mission?
– Are there recognized Systems analysis problems?
System analyst Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about System analyst risks and proactively manage System analyst risks.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Systems analysis does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Systems analysis ?
– How do we measure improved Systems analysis service perception, and satisfaction?
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Analyze Computer engineering leadership and find the ideas you already have.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Systems analysis been identified and analyzed?
– Will Systems analysis deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Wolt Fabrycky Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Wolt Fabrycky governance and achieve a single Wolt Fabrycky view and bringing data together.
– Will Systems analysis have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Derive from Information technology quality and look at the big picture.
– In the case of a Systems analysis project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Systems analysis project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Systems analysis project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– How will you know that the Systems analysis project has been successful?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– Are we Assessing Systems analysis and Risk?
Radhika Nagpal Critical Criteria:
Unify Radhika Nagpal visions and display thorough understanding of the Radhika Nagpal process.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Systems analysis with what users do day-to-day?
– How do we go about Comparing Systems analysis approaches/solutions?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Confer re Requirements engineering failures and differentiate in coordinating Requirements engineering.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Systems analysis project?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Systems analysis objectives?
Secretary of Defense Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Secretary of Defense risks and assess and formulate effective operational and Secretary of Defense strategies.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Systems analysis objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Systems analysis Management?
– Are there Systems analysis Models?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Software prototyping goals and pay attention to the small things.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Systems analysis services/products?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Systems analysis goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are internal and external Systems analysis relations?
Design review Critical Criteria:
Focus on Design review risks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Design review projects.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Systems analysis in a volatile global economy?
– Is there any existing Systems analysis governance structure?
– What is our Systems analysis Strategy?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Functional specification leadership and probe the present value of growth of Functional specification.
– Is there a Systems analysis Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Guard Software architecture leadership and cater for concise Software architecture education.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Systems analysis project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Systems analysis? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How would one define Systems analysis leadership?
Cost-effectiveness analysis Critical Criteria:
Consult on Cost-effectiveness analysis planning and track iterative Cost-effectiveness analysis results.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Systems analysis strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Systems analysis move?
– Are assumptions made in Systems analysis stated explicitly?
Wernher von Braun Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Wernher von Braun outcomes and overcome Wernher von Braun skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Systems analysis. How do we gain traction?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Systems analysis process?
– Are accountability and ownership for Systems analysis clearly defined?
Software architect Critical Criteria:
Unify Software architect projects and oversee implementation of Software architect.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Systems analysis process?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Systems analysis project?
Work breakdown structure Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Work breakdown structure tasks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Work breakdown structure.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Systems analysis forward?
– How do we know that any Systems analysis analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Systems analysis study?
– Explain in detail the Work Breakdown Structure?
Control engineering Critical Criteria:
Frame Control engineering results and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Does Systems analysis appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Logico-linguistic modeling Critical Criteria:
Recall Logico-linguistic modeling engagements and assess what counts with Logico-linguistic modeling that we are not counting.
Hawryszkiewycz, Igor T. Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Hawryszkiewycz, Igor T. governance and create Hawryszkiewycz, Igor T. explanations for all managers.
– Does our organization need more Systems analysis education?
– Have all basic functions of Systems analysis been defined?
– What are the long-term Systems analysis goals?
System dynamics Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase System dynamics issues and assess what counts with System dynamics that we are not counting.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Systems analysis values?
– What is Systems Thinking, and how does it relate to System Dynamics?
System engineering Critical Criteria:
Guide System engineering planning and document what potential System engineering megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Does management understand principles and concepts of system engineering?
– Who will provide the final approval of Systems analysis deliverables?
– Which Systems analysis goals are the most important?
Enterprise systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Track Enterprise systems engineering governance and triple focus on important concepts of Enterprise systems engineering relationship management.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Systems analysis product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Think about the people you identified for your Systems analysis project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What business benefits will Systems analysis goals deliver if achieved?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Look at Enterprise architecture adoptions and define what our big hairy audacious Enterprise architecture goal is.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Does Systems analysis systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Systems analysis project manager?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– What are our Systems analysis Processes?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Mathematical optimization Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Mathematical optimization planning and integrate design thinking in Mathematical optimization innovation.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Systems analysis?
Earth systems engineering and management Critical Criteria:
Judge Earth systems engineering and management leadership and differentiate in coordinating Earth systems engineering and management.
– Why is Systems analysis important for you now?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Understand Waterfall model decisions and devote time assessing Waterfall model and its risk.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Systems analysis delivery for example is new software needed?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Systems analysis leaders?
Whitten, Jeffery L. Critical Criteria:
Coach on Whitten, Jeffery L. strategies and research ways can we become the Whitten, Jeffery L. company that would put us out of business.
Project management Critical Criteria:
Guard Project management issues and give examples utilizing a core of simple Project management skills.
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– Are there contextual conditions, such as the size of the project or nature of the task, that signal a better fit for agile versus traditional project management approaches?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Just what is a project management office, and how can it help you address the unique project management challenges in your organization?
– Originally, agile project management required collocated teams. How could a new product or service be developed in the 21st century without them?
– How much effort and investment in time and resources will be required to develop new tools, templates and processes?
– What about when our product is an integration of several different products, each with their own product owner?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– How is agile project management performed in the context of virtual teams?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– Does implementation of project management require a culture change?
– How do we create a culture that supports project management?
– What are the Commercial aspects of Project Management?
– Can scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– What about when our context is not so simple?
– How much project management is needed?
Systems design Critical Criteria:
Track Systems design risks and oversee Systems design requirements.
– Is a technical solution for data loss prevention -i.e., systems designed to automatically monitor for data leakage -considered essential to enterprise risk management?
– What is Effective Systems analysis?
Morphological analysis Critical Criteria:
Coach on Morphological analysis outcomes and sort Morphological analysis activities.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Systems analysis?
– How will you measure your Systems analysis effectiveness?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Systems analysis planning and get out your magnifying glass.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Systems analysis process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Systems analysis process available?
– For the system you identified select a process. can you identify the input elements, transformation elements and output elements that make the process happen?
– What qualifications should the Systems Analysis team be looking for when hiring their new team member?
– How should one include criteria of equity and efficiency in performance assessment?
– What specific functions (or sub-systems) exist within the organization?
– What are the organizations relationships with other organizations?
– How should Systems Analysis incorporate multisectoral components?
– What is the basic framework for feasibility analysis?
– What types of systems development plans are needed?
– Why have Systems Analysis at all?
– Why do we need this method?
– So, what is a procedure ?
– Can something be changed?
– Can a step be eliminated?
– Who does analysis?
Business analysis Critical Criteria:
Consult on Business analysis strategies and devote time assessing Business analysis and its risk.
– What happens to the function of the business analysis in user story development?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Systems analysis activities?
– How do we maintain Systems analysiss Integrity?
Buckminster Fuller Critical Criteria:
Chart Buckminster Fuller quality and look at it backwards.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Systems analysis is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How can you negotiate Systems analysis successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who sets the Systems analysis standards?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Function model failures and improve Function model service perception.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Systems analysis products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Systems analysis processes of our organization?
Enterprise architect Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Enterprise architect planning and separate what are the business goals Enterprise architect is aiming to achieve.
– What are the short and long-term Systems analysis goals?
– How do enterprise architects use the Zachman Framework?
– What skills are specific to Enterprise Architect role?
– Why are Systems analysis skills important?
Interdisciplinary field Critical Criteria:
Add value to Interdisciplinary field adoptions and point out Interdisciplinary field tensions in leadership.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Systems analysis, including any consulting or professional services?
Aerospace engineering Critical Criteria:
Investigate Aerospace engineering results and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Aerospace engineering.
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Apply Risk management failures and triple focus on important concepts of Risk management relationship management.
– Has anyone made unauthorized changes or additions to your systems hardware, firmware, or software characteristics without your IT departments knowledge, instruction, or consent?
– Do you have a good understanding of emerging technologies and business trends that are vital for the management of IT risks in a fast-changing environment?
– Are interdependent service providers (for example, fuel suppliers, telecommunications providers, meter data processors) included in risk assessments?
– Where should the organization enhance its Risk Management processes to have maximum benefit and impact on its ability to achieve business objectives?
– Does our Cybersecurity plan include recognition of critical facilities and/or cyber assets that are dependent upon IT or automated processing?
– By what percentage do you estimate your companys financial investment in ITRM activities will change in the next 12 months?
– How would you characterize the adequacy of Risk Management typically done for projects and programs in your organization?
– Are standards for risk assessment methodology established, so risk information can be compared across entities?
– Are any problems that cause schedule slips identified as risks prior to their occurrence?
– Who in your organization is responsible for developing risk management policy?
– Risk identification: what are the possible risk events our organization faces?
– Do governance and risk management processes address Cybersecurity risks?
– Does senior leadership have access to Cybersecurity risk information?
– What is the purpose of the system in relation to the mission?
– Do we separate Cause and effect what is the underlying cause?
– Has the ERM initiative been mandated by the regulators?
– When is the right time for process improvement?
– Have you had a pci compliance assessment done?
Scientific discipline Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Scientific discipline failures and differentiate in coordinating Scientific discipline.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Systems analysis opportunities costing us money?
Requirement analysis Critical Criteria:
Discourse Requirement analysis decisions and integrate design thinking in Requirement analysis innovation.
Operations research Critical Criteria:
Design Operations research engagements and explain and analyze the challenges of Operations research.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Systems analysis leader?
Electrical engineering Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Electrical engineering planning and improve Electrical engineering service perception.
– Among the Systems analysis product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Generalize Software engineering governance and handle a jump-start course to Software engineering.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– For your Systems analysis project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Ludwig von Bertalanffy Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Ludwig von Bertalanffy outcomes and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Ludwig von Bertalanffy is getting what it needs.
– How much does Systems analysis help?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Explore Quality management tactics and finalize specific methods for Quality management acceptance.
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Accident analysis Critical Criteria:
Think about Accident analysis adoptions and describe which business rules are needed as Accident analysis interface.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Systems analysis?
Systems analyst Critical Criteria:
Review Systems analyst projects and adjust implementation of Systems analyst.
– Will applications programmers and systems analysts become nothing more than evaluators of packaged software?
– How can skill-level changes improve Systems analysis?
System analysis Critical Criteria:
Grasp System analysis risks and assess and formulate effective operational and System analysis strategies.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Systems analysis information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Systems analysis experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Track Business process adoptions and find out.
– Do we identify maximum allowable downtime for critical business functions, acceptable levels of data loss and backlogged transactions, RTOs, RPOs, recovery of the critical path (i.e., business processes or systems that should receive the highest priority), and the costs associated with downtime? Are the approved thresholds appropriate?
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– Have senior executives clearly identified and explained concerns regarding Customer Service issues and other change drivers, and emphasized that major improvements are imperative?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
System architect Critical Criteria:
Merge System architect failures and look for lots of ideas.
– System Architecture for On-Chip Networks: What system architecture (topology, routing, flow control, interfaces) is optimal for on-chip networks?
– In what ways are Systems analysis vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is the Systems analysis organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How well do we understand the system architecture?
Stafford Beer Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Stafford Beer strategies and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Stafford Beer.
– What are our needs in relation to Systems analysis skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Reliability engineering Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Reliability engineering governance and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
Systems theory Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Systems theory decisions and gather practices for scaling Systems theory.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Systems analysis processes?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– Do we all define Systems analysis in the same way?
Soft systems methodology Critical Criteria:
Align Soft systems methodology outcomes and prioritize challenges of Soft systems methodology.
– Have you identified your Systems analysis key performance indicators?
Cost-benefit analysis Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Cost-benefit analysis management and assess and formulate effective operational and Cost-benefit analysis strategies.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Systems analysis into the services that we provide?
Quality function deployment Critical Criteria:
Study Quality function deployment management and correct better engagement with Quality function deployment results.
Program designer Critical Criteria:
Study Program designer leadership and report on the economics of relationships managing Program designer and constraints.
– Is maximizing Systems analysis protection the same as minimizing Systems analysis loss?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct System integration engagements and devote time assessing System integration and its risk.
– How do you address back-end system integration?
– What are specific Systems analysis Rules to follow?
– Do we have past Systems analysis Successes?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Explore Spiral model visions and overcome Spiral model skills and management ineffectiveness.
Ruzena Bajcsy Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Ruzena Bajcsy tactics and customize techniques for implementing Ruzena Bajcsy controls.
Business analyst Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Business analyst management and catalog Business analyst activities.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Systems analysis strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are typical responsibilities of someone in the role of Business Analyst?
– What is the difference between a Business Architect and a Business Analyst?
– Can we do Systems analysis without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Do business analysts know the cost of feature addition or modification?
Industrial engineering Critical Criteria:
Confer over Industrial engineering tactics and cater for concise Industrial engineering education.
– Think of your Systems analysis project. what are the main functions?
– What about Systems analysis Analysis of results?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Systems engineering goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Systems engineering.
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– Do we have confidence in the reliability and robustness of the systems we design?
– What will happen if there is a loss of key staff or contractor personnel?
– What are the elements and the high-level capabilities of the system?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– Standards, goals, and appropriate processes been established?
– What is the problem or opportunity addressed by the system?
– Does the requirement have a verification method assigned?
– Are the requirements mapped to one or more user needs?
– How will functionality be verified and validated?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– Where would we like to be in the future?
– What parts are connected to each other?
– How will we know when we are done?
– How much architecting is enough?
– Why model-based architectures?
– Right implementation?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Systems Analysis Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Systems analysis External links:
My Systems Analysis Ch. 12 Flashcards | Quizlet
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
[PDF]SYSTEMS ANALYSIS – WHAT, WHY AND HOW
System lifecycle External links:
http://The system lifecycle in systems engineering is a view of a system or proposed system that addresses all phases of its existence to include system conception, design and development, production and/or construction, distribution, operation, maintenance and support, retirement, phase-out and disposal.
[PDF]SYSTEM LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT 0951
System thinking External links:
INSPRI.COM | Research and Strategy, system thinking
[PDF]System Thinking Scales and Learning Environment of …
System Thinking | International Masonry Institute
Policy analysis External links:
Policy Analysis – California State University, Northridge
[PDF]Tips for Writing a Policy Analysis – American University
Policy analysis. (Journal, magazine, 1980) [WorldCat.org]
Performance engineering External links:
Hi-Performance Engineering, Inc.
Home – Korkar Performance Engineering
System analyst External links:
APPLICATIONS SYSTEM ANALYST – careers.luc.edu
Epic System Analyst – Nationwide | Excite Health Partners
System Analyst job description template | Workable
Computer engineering External links:
Electrical & Computer Engineering | College of Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Information technology External links:
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Umail | University Information Technology Services
SOLAR | Division of Information Technology
Radhika Nagpal External links:
Radhika Nagpal | Facebook
Radhika Nagpal – Official Site
Radhika Nagpal Profiles | Facebook
Requirements engineering External links:
Requirements Engineering – Springer
Requirements engineering (Book, 1996) [WorldCat.org]
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Secretary of Defense External links:
James N. “Mad Dog” Mattis (born September 8, 1950) is a retired United States Marine Corps general, who is the 26th and current United States Secretary of Defense under the Trump administration. He previously served as the 11th Commander of United States Central Command, the Unified Combatant Command responsible for American military operations in the Middle East, Northeast Africa, and Central Asia, from August 11, 2010, to March 22, 2013.
Secretary of Defense
Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller) > FMR > …
Software prototyping External links:
Software Prototyping & Requirements Management …
Control software prototyping – ScienceDirect
Software Prototyping Engineer – Jeppesen Careers
Design review External links:
Download Design Review | DWF Viewer | Autodesk
[PDF]33.825 Design Review – Portland, Oregon
Design Review | DWF Viewer | Autodesk
Functional specification External links:
What Goes Into a Functional Specification? – Bridging the Gap
What is functional specification? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
Software architecture External links:
Chapter 2: Key Principles of Software Architecture
Chapter 1: What is Software Architecture?
Software Architecture – O’Reilly Media
Cost-effectiveness analysis External links:
Cost-Effectiveness Analysis 2.0 | NEJM
Wernher von Braun External links:
Was Wernher von Braun really a Nazi? | AL.com
Biography of Wernher Von Braun | NASA
Wernher von Braun – Scientist, Engineer – Biography
Software architect External links:
Amtrak crash victims: Midshipman, software architect – CNN
Software Architect – Top-paying jobs – CNNMoney
Software Architect Salary – PayScale
Work breakdown structure External links:
[DOC]WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE – Maryland
Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]UNCLASSIFIED Work Breakdown Structure – CADE
Control engineering External links:
Home – Institute of Noise Control Engineering
Motion Control Engineering : Products : Controllers
Advanced Control Engineering – ScienceDirect
Logico-linguistic modeling External links:
Logico-linguistic modeling – WOW.com
Logico-linguistic modeling – Revolvy
“Logico-linguistic modeling” on Revolvy.com
System dynamics External links:
System dynamics (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
System Dynamics – RMIT University
Vehicle System Dynamics: Vol 56, No 3
System engineering External links:
[PDF]Overview of the System Engineering Process – DOT …
Enterprise systems engineering External links:
[PDF]Enterprise Systems Engineering Theory and Practice
Enterprise Systems Engineering | VA Mobile
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture – EA – Gartner IT Glossary
Mathematical optimization External links:
[PDF]Introduction to Mathematical Optimization
Mathematical Optimization – Linear Programming in …
Mathematical optimization — NYU Scholars
Earth systems engineering and management External links:
Earth Systems Engineering and Management as …
[PDF]Earth Systems Engineering and Management – Stephen …
Center for Earth Systems Engineering and Management
Waterfall model External links:
Requirements Management Using Waterfall Model
Waterfall Model: What Is It and When Should You Use It?
SDLC – Waterfall Model – tutorialspoint.com
Project management External links:
Project Management Institute – Official Site
monday – Project management software teams actually love
Systems design External links:
ASD | Automated Systems Design – asd-usa.com
Training Systems Design
Aerospace Systems Design Laboratory | Georgia Tech
Morphological analysis External links:
Morphological Analysis, Phonological Analysis and …
Scenario modelling with morphological analysis – …
Systems analysis External links:
My Systems Analysis Ch. 12 Flashcards | Quizlet
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
[PDF]SYSTEMS ANALYSIS – WHAT, WHY AND HOW
Business analysis External links:
Contract Business Analysis Repository
Business Analysis & Administration | FBIJOBS
Business Analysis Tools, Templates and Checklists – CEG
Buckminster Fuller External links:
The Buckminster Fuller Institute
R. Buckminster Fuller Quotes – BrainyQuote
Buckminster Fuller’s Dymaxion Car – YouTube
Function model External links:
[PDF]360 Thinking: An Executive Function Model and Program T
Kidney Function Model – YouTube
The Delta Function Model of a Crystal
Enterprise architect External links:
Enterprise Architect – Pricing and Purchasing
Certifications – Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architect, IT Salary – PayScale
Interdisciplinary field External links:
UGA Interdisciplinary Field Program | Department of Geology
Interdisciplinary field experiments | MBARI
Aerospace engineering External links:
Aerospace Engineering – Michigan Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Risk management External links:
Risk Management Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Celgene Risk Management
Risk Management – ue.org
Scientific discipline External links:
scientific discipline – Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
Operations research External links:
Operations Research on JSTOR
Operations research (Book, 1974) [WorldCat.org]
Operations research | Britannica.com
Electrical engineering External links:
Electronics & Electrical Engineering Forum
USC Viterbi | Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering
KCL Engineering | Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Ludwig von Bertalanffy External links:
Ludwig von Bertalanffy, General System Theory (1968)
Ludwig von Bertalanffy | Canadian biologist | Britannica.com
Ludwig von Bertalanffy – General System Theory
Quality management External links:
Login – ASCWebQI – Quality Management Tools
abaqis® | Quality Management System
What Is a Quality Management System? | ASQ
Accident analysis External links:
JFK Jr Accident Analysis – MzeroA Flight Training – YouTube
Accident Analysis | WCF Insurance
Air Safety Institute Accident Analysis
Systems analyst External links:
Systems Analyst Job Description Examples | Indeed.com
Computer Systems Analyst Salary – PayScale
How to Become a Computer Systems Analyst – WGU
System analysis External links:
My System Analysis Ch.4 Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Work System Analysis: The Key to Understanding …
System Analysis and Design Flashcards | Quizlet
Business process External links:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Modernizing Business Process …
Infosys BPM – Business Process Management | BPM Solutions
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
System architect External links:
Crown XTi Amplifiers & System Architect – YouTube
UNICOM Systems TeamBLUE :: System Architect®
How to Become a System Architect – IT-oLogy
Stafford Beer External links:
A Presentation of Stafford Beer – youtube.com
Reliability engineering External links:
Google – Site Reliability Engineering
Google – Site Reliability Engineering
Reliability Engineering Principles for the Plant Engineer
Systems theory External links:
Family Systems Theory Part 1 Flashcards | Quizlet
What is Systems Theory? – Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Soft systems methodology External links:
Soft Systems Methodology – YouTube
[PDF]Soft Systems Methodology – Drexel University
Cost-benefit analysis External links:
Cost-benefit analysis | The Economist
Cost-Benefit Analysis Description – The Balance
Cost-Benefit Analysis Method – investopedia.com
Quality function deployment External links:
Quality Function Deployment for Competitive Advantage
http://www.isixsigma.com › … › QFD/House of Quality
Quality Function Deployment in Excel | Excel QFD Template
System integration External links:
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration Services
Spiral model External links:
Spiral Model : Advantages and Disadvantages ~ I …
[PDF]A Spiral Model of Software Development and …
Boehm’s Spiral Model Flashcards | Quizlet
Ruzena Bajcsy External links:
Ruzena Bajcsy – AnitaB.org
Research Projects – Ruzena Bajcsy | EECS at UC Berkeley
Ruzena Bajcsy | The Franklin Institute
Business analyst External links:
Business Analyst Job Description Examples | Indeed.com
Title Business Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Here are 13 Jobs that Can Lead to a Business Analyst Job
Industrial engineering External links:
2018 Industrial Engineering Internships | Internships.com
Industrial Engineering & Management
Production system | industrial engineering | Britannica.com
Systems engineering External links:
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Systems Engineering Services
Industrial, Manufacturing, & Systems Engineering – UTA