What is involved in Business Continuity Planning BCP
Find out what the related areas are that Business Continuity Planning BCP connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business Continuity Planning BCP thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Continuity Planning BCP journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Continuity Planning BCP leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business Continuity Planning BCP related domains to cover and 174 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business Continuity Planning BCP, Business continuity planning, BSI Group, BS 25999, BS 7799, Backup site, British Standards Institution, Call tree, Catastrophe modeling, Computer virus, Crisis management, Data replication, Disaster recovery, Disaster recovery and business continuity auditing, Emergency management, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Government Accountability Office, Incubation period, Maximum Tolerable Period of Disruption, National Fire Protection Association, Natural disasters, Power outage, Recovery Point Objective, Recovery Time Objective, Risk management, Seven tiers of disaster recovery, Supply chain, System lifecycle, Systems engineering, Systems thinking, U.S. Department of Homeland Security:
Business Continuity Planning BCP Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Business Continuity Planning BCP adoptions and question.
– Does Business Continuity Planning BCP create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is Business Continuity Planning BCP dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is a Business Continuity Planning BCP Team Work effort in place?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Face Business continuity planning goals and tour deciding if Business continuity planning progress is made.
– Which customers cant participate in our Business Continuity Planning BCP domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Business Continuity Planning BCP?
– How do we go about Comparing Business Continuity Planning BCP approaches/solutions?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
BSI Group Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on BSI Group failures and devise BSI Group key steps.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Business Continuity Planning BCP is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Business Continuity Planning BCP?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Business Continuity Planning BCP project?
BS 25999 Critical Criteria:
Talk about BS 25999 goals and revise understanding of BS 25999 architectures.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Business Continuity Planning BCP project?
– Do we monitor the Business Continuity Planning BCP decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Business Continuity Planning BCP activities?
BS 7799 Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over BS 7799 planning and probe BS 7799 strategic alliances.
– What are our needs in relation to Business Continuity Planning BCP skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business Continuity Planning BCP?
– Have all basic functions of Business Continuity Planning BCP been defined?
Backup site Critical Criteria:
Derive from Backup site leadership and secure Backup site creativity.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Business Continuity Planning BCP models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Are assumptions made in Business Continuity Planning BCP stated explicitly?
– Why should we adopt a Business Continuity Planning BCP framework?
British Standards Institution Critical Criteria:
Audit British Standards Institution leadership and optimize British Standards Institution leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business Continuity Planning BCP objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Business Continuity Planning BCP products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Business Continuity Planning BCP activities?
Call tree Critical Criteria:
Recall Call tree quality and display thorough understanding of the Call tree process.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Business Continuity Planning BCP is underway?
– How can the value of Business Continuity Planning BCP be defined?
Catastrophe modeling Critical Criteria:
Study Catastrophe modeling management and test out new things.
– In the case of a Business Continuity Planning BCP project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Business Continuity Planning BCP project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Business Continuity Planning BCP project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Is there any existing Business Continuity Planning BCP governance structure?
Computer virus Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Computer virus visions and pioneer acquisition of Computer virus systems.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Business Continuity Planning BCP values?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business Continuity Planning BCP processes of our organization?
– What are the barriers to increased Business Continuity Planning BCP production?
Crisis management Critical Criteria:
Adapt Crisis management governance and triple focus on important concepts of Crisis management relationship management.
– Is the crisis management team comprised of members from Human Resources?
– What are specific Business Continuity Planning BCP Rules to follow?
– What are current Business Continuity Planning BCP Paradigms?
– Why are Business Continuity Planning BCP skills important?
Data replication Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Data replication results and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Data replication.
– Think about the functions involved in your Business Continuity Planning BCP project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How do we go about Securing Business Continuity Planning BCP?
Disaster recovery Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Disaster recovery visions and develop and take control of the Disaster recovery initiative.
– Has your organization ever had to invoke its disaster recovery plan which included the CRM solution and if so was the recovery time objective met and how long did it take to return to your primary solution?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business Continuity Planning BCP. How do we gain traction?
– Collecting hazard history information can assist you in answering the question – how has the hazard impacted us in the past?
– How frequently, if at all, do we conduct a business impact analysis (bia) and risk assessment (ra)?
– Are there standard orders that you fulfill that you need to talk to specific clients about?
– How can sdn be applied in the context of disaster recovery and high availability?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
– Would the cost of replacement be less or more than restoration of the item?
– Are our applications designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– Disaster Recovery Site–what happens if Contractors server is destroyed?
– Do you have a current balance sheet dated right before the disaster?
– What are we doing related to disaster recovery planning & programs?
– Key customers and/or suppliers will be affected by the disaster?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Does the building need to be secured against theft/ vandalism?
– How do we create backups of databases for disaster recovery?
– Happy running the business before the disaster?
– What does a disaster recovery plan look like?
– Condition of the business pre-disaster?
– What is disaster restoration to us?
Disaster recovery and business continuity auditing Critical Criteria:
Depict Disaster recovery and business continuity auditing visions and overcome Disaster recovery and business continuity auditing skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Business Continuity Planning BCP strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Have you identified your Business Continuity Planning BCP key performance indicators?
Emergency management Critical Criteria:
Read up on Emergency management engagements and secure Emergency management creativity.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Business Continuity Planning BCP been identified and analyzed?
– Where does recovery fit within the other phases of emergency management?
– What are the long-term Business Continuity Planning BCP goals?
– Do we have past Business Continuity Planning BCP Successes?
Federal Emergency Management Agency Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Federal Emergency Management Agency engagements and create a map for yourself.
– What are the short and long-term Business Continuity Planning BCP goals?
Government Accountability Office Critical Criteria:
Analyze Government Accountability Office governance and maintain Government Accountability Office for success.
– What is the source of the strategies for Business Continuity Planning BCP strengthening and reform?
– When a Business Continuity Planning BCP manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Does the Business Continuity Planning BCP task fit the clients priorities?
Incubation period Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Incubation period tasks and look at it backwards.
– Can we add value to the current Business Continuity Planning BCP decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Business Continuity Planning BCP leaders?
Maximum Tolerable Period of Disruption Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Maximum Tolerable Period of Disruption decisions and report on setting up Maximum Tolerable Period of Disruption without losing ground.
– Will Business Continuity Planning BCP have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Are there Business Continuity Planning BCP problems defined?
National Fire Protection Association Critical Criteria:
Merge National Fire Protection Association visions and explore and align the progress in National Fire Protection Association.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Business Continuity Planning BCP forward?
Natural disasters Critical Criteria:
Detail Natural disasters leadership and separate what are the business goals Natural disasters is aiming to achieve.
– Does Business Continuity Planning BCP analysis show the relationships among important Business Continuity Planning BCP factors?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Business Continuity Planning BCP that make it risky?
Power outage Critical Criteria:
Sort Power outage engagements and correct Power outage management by competencies.
– Will Business Continuity Planning BCP deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Recovery Point Objective Critical Criteria:
Think about Recovery Point Objective leadership and maintain Recovery Point Objective for success.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Business Continuity Planning BCP opportunities costing us money?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Business Continuity Planning BCP?
– Which remote replication mode provides a near-zero recovery point objective (rpo)?
– What is our System Recovery Point Objective RPO (how current should the data be)?
– How is the term recovery point objective (rpo) defined?
– What is our definition of recovery point objective?
– What is the recovery point objective?
Recovery Time Objective Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Recovery Time Objective projects and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Recovery Time Objective projects.
– In the event of a physical or logical disaster, what are the Recovery Point and Recovery Time Objectives (RPO/RTO) that you will need and they will provide?
– What is your organizations history of meeting recovery time objectives?
– What is the recovery time objective for the application?
– How to Secure Business Continuity Planning BCP?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Grade Risk management projects and find the ideas you already have.
– Have we developed a continuous monitoring strategy for the information systems (including monitoring of security control effectiveness for system-specific, hybrid, and common controls) that reflects the organizational Risk Management strategy and organizational commitment to protecting critical missions and business functions?
– Has management taken appropriate corrective actions related to reports from external sources for their implications for enterprise Risk Management?
– Has your organization conducted an evaluation of the Cybersecurity risks for major systems at each stage of the system deployment lifecycle?
– Do you have enough focus on ITRM documentation to help formalize processes to increase communications and integration with ORM?
– Is remote maintenance of organizational assets approved, logged, and performed in a manner that prevents unauthorized access?
– Has management taken an occasional fresh look at focusing directly on enterprise Risk Management effectiveness?
– Do you have a consumer communication plan or a way of dealing with customer perceptions and expectations?
– What information handled by or about the Risk assessed system should not be disclosed and to whom?
– Risk prevention: what is the availability, clarity and robustness of a Risk Management strategy?
– Do we maintain standards and expectations for downtime during the upgrade and replacement cycle?
– Are unauthorized parties using your system for the processing or storage of data?
– How often are information and technology risk assessments performed?
– How can Risk Management be tied procedurally to process elements?
– What is the potential impact of risk events?
– Why should we adopt this framework?
– Why do you want risk management?
– Why Manage Risk ?
Seven tiers of disaster recovery Critical Criteria:
Reason over Seven tiers of disaster recovery leadership and mentor Seven tiers of disaster recovery customer orientation.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business Continuity Planning BCP project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business Continuity Planning BCP project lifecycle?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Business Continuity Planning BCP services/products?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Business Continuity Planning BCP strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Supply chain Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Supply chain leadership and pay attention to the small things.
– The pharmaceutical industry is also taking advantage of digital progress. It is using IoT for supply chain security in packaging and tracking of drugs. There are new companies using computer chips in pills for tracking adherence to drug regimens and associated biometrics. Using this as an example, how will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– How is the complex digital supply chain -where multiple downstream providers provide services for each other and data residence and transmission points are increasingly obscure -being dealt with from an audit perspective?
– To change the nature of the relationship in the supply chain where should we go and what leverage opportunity could be applied?
– Does Supply Chain Integration Mediate the Relationships between Product/Process Strategy and Service Performance?
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– How can sluggish supply chains be empowered by IoT to make them more transparent and responsive?
– What are the business goals Business Continuity Planning BCP is aiming to achieve?
– What are the roles of suppliers and supply chain partners in CRM?
– Do any suppliers in the supply chain have a dominating position?
– Do your supply chain relationships tend to be longeror shorter-term?
– What and where are the value changes in the supply chain?
– What about Business Continuity Planning BCP Analysis of results?
– What is our current position within our supply chain?
– What is TESCM tax efficient supply chain management?
– What does the supply chain do with product data?
– How do we keep improving Business Continuity Planning BCP?
System lifecycle Critical Criteria:
Contribute to System lifecycle planning and explore and align the progress in System lifecycle.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Business Continuity Planning BCP processes?
– Is Supporting Business Continuity Planning BCP documentation required?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Scan Systems engineering visions and improve Systems engineering service perception.
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– To apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– Does the project require agreements related to organizational data sharing that havent yet been created?
– What will take the place of magnitude in our attempts to discern a power-law relationship?
– How are you going to know that the system is performing correctly once it is operational?
– What is the structure of the different information aspects on the interface?
– What is the detailed set of functions and properties of a given interface?
– Typical concerns on the design side: what is the required functionality?
– What are the elements and the high-level capabilities of the system?
– What are the expectations and limits of the given integration?
– What is the sequence of activities that will be performed?
– What is the geographic and physical extent of the system?
– How do functions occur between parts of the system?
– Where would we like to be in the future?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– How much architecting is enough?
– Deliver interim releases?
– Right implementation?
– What is a system?
Systems thinking Critical Criteria:
Investigate Systems thinking quality and get the big picture.
– Toyota is the role model and the most highly developed example of the potency of systems thinking and action learning in its broadest sense. but why, if the tps is so successful, is toyota along with its circle of suppliers still almost the lone manufacturing example?
– To what extent does management recognize Business Continuity Planning BCP as a tool to increase the results?
– How Can Business Engage The Education Pipeline More Effectively?
– What self development activities are you currently engaged in?
– Specifically, what processes (system) will be improved?
– In which ways should systems thinking be rethought?
– How can we improve the performance of this system?
– Why do we need new approaches to implementation?
– How does systems thinking relate back to DevOps?
– What Is Best For The Company And The Customer?
– What should change as a result of the project?
– How Should I Select and Prioritize Projects?
– What are the Benefits of a Formal Charter?
– Can systems purposively learn or coevolve?
– Where is there feedback in this system?
– Why Are Other Solutions Not Desirable?
– Do we see patterns in human behavior?
– System Problem or People Problem?
– What is systems thinking?
– Archetypes: Why Bother?
U.S. Department of Homeland Security Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize U.S. Department of Homeland Security management and devise U.S. Department of Homeland Security key steps.
– Has your company conducted a Cybersecurity evaluation of key assets in concert with the National Cyber Security Division of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Continuity Planning BCP Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business continuity planning External links:
BSI Group External links:
BSI Group – Google+
BSI Group America Perks
bsi group Sales Manager Jobs | Monster.com
BS 25999 External links:
ISO 22301 v BS 25999: what’s the difference? – KRYPSYS
Backup site External links:
FltPlan2.com – Emergency Backup Site
Password Help – what-sold.com (backup Site)
British Standards Institution External links:
K7766 – BRITISH STANDARDS INSTITUTION – Page 1
British Standards Institution Eurocodes – Techstreet
British Standards Institution (BSI) Standards | IHS Markit
Call tree External links:
What is call tree? – Definition from WhatIs.com
How to Conduct a Call Tree Test | Career Trend
[PDF]HR WELLS call tree 1-877-HRWELLS (1-877-479-3557)
Catastrophe modeling External links:
About Catastrophe Modeling – AIR Worldwide
Natural Hazard Reports and Catastrophe Modeling
Catastrophe Modeling – Property and Casualty .com
Computer virus External links:
Title: Computer Virus – Internet Speculative Fiction Database
FixMeStick | The Leading Computer Virus Cleaner
New computer virus causes havoc | Daily Mail Online
Crisis management External links:
NYA – Crisis Management & Response
International Crisis Management Conference
IS-870.A – Dams Sector: Crisis Management Overview …
Data replication External links:
Data Replication for Disaster-resilient Information Platforms
GuruSquad — Data Replication and Migration Software
Disaster recovery External links:
Cloud Migration and Disaster Recovery
Recovers – Community-Powered Disaster Recovery
National Disaster Recovery Framework | FEMA.gov
Disaster recovery and business continuity auditing External links:
Disaster recovery and business continuity auditing
http://Disaster recovery (DR) and business continuity refers to an organization’s ability to recover from a disaster and/or unexpected event and resume operations. Organizations often have a plan in place (usually referred to as a “Disaster Recovery Plan”, or “Business Continuity Plan”) that outlines how a recovery will be accomplished.
Disaster recovery and business continuity auditing – …
Emergency management External links:
hsema | Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency
Medina County Office of Emergency Management and …
Welcome | Nebraska Emergency Management Agency
Federal Emergency Management Agency External links:
FEMA.gov | Federal Emergency Management Agency
FEMA Federal Emergency Management Agency – Home | Facebook
Government Accountability Office External links:
31 U.S. Code § 702 – Government Accountability Office | …
Incubation period External links:
Guerrilla The Incubation Period – Home | Facebook
Incubation Period for MRSA – Bacteria Home Page
Incubation Period – Merriam-Webster
Maximum Tolerable Period of Disruption External links:
Maximum tolerable period of disruption (MTPD) – …
Defining Maximum Tolerable Period of Disruption – e, Janco
National Fire Protection Association External links:
National Fire Protection Association – GuideStar Profile
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) – Home | Facebook
National Fire Protection Association Password …
Natural disasters External links:
Emergency Wound Care|Natural Disasters and Severe …
Natural disasters and extreme weather | World | The Guardian
Declared Natural Disasters and Emergencies Tax Help
Power outage External links:
power outage map here – OPPD
Entergy | Power Outage Map
Power Outage Map – Huntsville Utilities | Electricity
Recovery Point Objective External links:
Recovery Point Objective (RPO) – BCMpedia
RECOVERY POINT OBJECTIVE ENFORCEMENT – …
Recovery Time Objective External links:
What is Recovery Time Objective? Webopedia Definition
Risk management External links:
Risk Management – ue.org
[PDF]Title Insurance: A Risk Management Tool
Zurich North America – Insurance and Risk Management
Supply chain External links:
myUTS | Enter Shipments and Manage Supply Chain Activity
Supply Chain – Home Depot Careers
Waldom.com | Your Supply Chain Advantage
System lifecycle External links:
http://The system lifecycle in systems engineering is a view of a system or proposed system that addresses all phases of its existence to include system conception, design and development, production and/or construction, distribution, operation, maintenance and support, retirement, phase-out and disposal.
Systems engineering External links:
Department of Biological Systems Engineering | …
Systems Engineering | IT Services Company | …
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Systems thinking External links:
Systems thinking iceberg model – Northwest Earth Institute
Introduction to Systems Thinking – The Systems Thinker
Creative Systems Thinking – Home | Facebook
U.S. Department of Homeland Security External links:
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) – by IdeaScale