What is involved in JConsole
Find out what the related areas are that JConsole connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a JConsole thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its JConsole journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward JConsole leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which JConsole related domains to cover and 13 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
JConsole, Java Development Kit, Java Management Extensions, Java Virtual Machine:
JConsole Critical Criteria:
Investigate JConsole engagements and report on developing an effective JConsole strategy.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your JConsole processes?
– Do we all define JConsole in the same way?
– What is our JConsole Strategy?
Java Development Kit Critical Criteria:
Value Java Development Kit tasks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Is JConsole dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How important is JConsole to the user organizations mission?
Java Management Extensions Critical Criteria:
Devise Java Management Extensions visions and point out Java Management Extensions tensions in leadership.
– In the case of a JConsole project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a JConsole project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any JConsole project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing JConsole? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Are there JConsole Models?
Java Virtual Machine Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Java Virtual Machine risks and check on ways to get started with Java Virtual Machine.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a JConsole project?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with JConsole ?
– Is maximizing JConsole protection the same as minimizing JConsole loss?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the JConsole Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Java Development Kit External links:
Java Development Kit – Download
Java Management Extensions External links:
JDK Java Management Extensions (JMX) – Oracle Help Center
Java Management Extensions | John’s Blog
What is Java Management Extensions? An Overview of JMX
Java Virtual Machine External links:
Java Virtual Machine (JVM): Critical Metrics You Need to Track
Detecting Java Virtual Machine Vendor – Top Producer 8i
Microsoft Java Virtual Machine locks up Windows XP