What is involved in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Find out what the related areas are that Microsoft Dynamics CRM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Microsoft Dynamics CRM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Microsoft Dynamics CRM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Microsoft Dynamics CRM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Microsoft Dynamics CRM related domains to cover and 173 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM, .NET Framework, Active Directory, Certified for Microsoft Dynamics, Client Access License, Cloud computing, Customer relationship management, Dynamics 365, Google Chrome, Independent software vendor, Internet Explorer, Internet Information Services, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics C5, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Microsoft Office Communicator, Microsoft Online Services, Operating system, Oracle Corporation, SQL Server Reporting Services, SharePoint 2010, Siebel Systems, Software categories, Software developer, Software license, Software release life cycle, Web service, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Server 2012:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Microsoft Dynamics CRM engagements and oversee Microsoft Dynamics CRM management by competencies.
– How can we truly understand and predict our customers needs to the point where we can design products and services that suit their needs?
– Is a significant amount of your time taken up communicating with existing clients to resolve issues they are having?
– Outreach – how can we enhance customer outreach and opportunities for customer input?
– Will the Tier 3 Exchange support team need access to the respondents CRM tool?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– What is the network quality, including speed and dropped packets?
– How do you measure progress and evaluate training effectiveness?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
– What is your process for gathering business requirements?
– Do you have technology that assist in online monitoring?
– How much data is the right amount of data to collect?
– Are the offline synchronization subscriptions valid?
– Is the user still a member of the organization?
– Does the software utilize a responsive design?
– Have you developed any proprietary metrics?
– Do we invest in Web self-services?
– How does CRM relate to CCM?
– What happens to reports?
– Why Multi-Channel CRM?
.NET Framework Critical Criteria:
Focus on .NET Framework projects and separate what are the business goals .NET Framework is aiming to achieve.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Microsoft Dynamics CRM values?
– Is maximizing Microsoft Dynamics CRM protection the same as minimizing Microsoft Dynamics CRM loss?
– What are the barriers to increased Microsoft Dynamics CRM production?
Active Directory Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Active Directory engagements and plan concise Active Directory education.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Microsoft Dynamics CRM product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Does the tool in use have the ability to integrate with Active Directory or sync directory on a scheduled basis, or do look-ups within a multi-domain forest in the sub-100-millisecond range?
– Does the tool we use have the ability to integrate with Enterprise Active Directory Servers to determine users and build user, role, and business unit policies?
– If we integrate an external product with active directory, will it require that we modify our ad schema?
– Provide the ability to synchronize active directory with cloud-based endpoints?
– What is the process of adding users and deleting users from Active Directory?
– What happens if a user changes their password natively in active directory?
– How do we manage Microsoft Dynamics CRM Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Enable unix and linux authentication from active directory?
– Does your software integrate with active directory?
– Who needs to know about Microsoft Dynamics CRM ?
Certified for Microsoft Dynamics Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Certified for Microsoft Dynamics leadership and shift your focus.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Microsoft Dynamics CRM process?
– How would one define Microsoft Dynamics CRM leadership?
– What is our Microsoft Dynamics CRM Strategy?
Client Access License Critical Criteria:
Track Client Access License adoptions and revise understanding of Client Access License architectures.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Microsoft Dynamics CRM in a volatile global economy?
– Can we add value to the current Microsoft Dynamics CRM decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Meet over Cloud computing tactics and balance specific methods for improving Cloud computing results.
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– What does it take to become a cloud computing provider, and why would a company consider becoming one?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– Have you taken into account the vulnerabilities of the cloud solution?
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– What are the practical limitations to cloud technology?
– What are the benefits of cloud computing to consumers?
– What are the security issues around cloud computing?
– How does BYOD affect security in the cloud?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– Will database virtualization take off?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
– What happened to grid computing?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Grasp Customer relationship management management and point out Customer relationship management tensions in leadership.
– Support – how can we drive support for using the escalation processes for service, support and billing issues?
– Will the Exchange provide the call volumes and average handle time for the Tier 1 and Tier II calls?
– Are there any call deflection user stories implemented already in the existing exchange/CRM system?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– How do you enhance existing cache management techniques for context-dependent data?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– Is there an organized user group specifically for the CRM software?
– Which business environmental factors did lead to our use of CRM?
– What are some of the ways CRM increases our companys revenues?
– Can you identify your customers when they visit your website?
– What are Pros and Cons of the CRM system that you are using?
– Is the address book synchronization subscription valid?
– What storage quotas should be applied to each mailbox?
– Is the e-mail tagging performance acceptable?
– Is the offline database size acceptable?
– How do you structure your account teams?
– Do clients always buy the same thing?
– What system will the data come from?
– What happens to workflows?
– Is CRM Worth It?
Dynamics 365 Critical Criteria:
Reason over Dynamics 365 governance and assess and formulate effective operational and Dynamics 365 strategies.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Microsoft Dynamics CRM processes?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
Google Chrome Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Google Chrome failures and improve Google Chrome service perception.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
– What vendors make products that address the Microsoft Dynamics CRM needs?
– How do we go about Securing Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
Independent software vendor Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Independent software vendor projects and integrate design thinking in Independent software vendor innovation.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Microsoft Dynamics CRM project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Microsoft Dynamics CRM project lifecycle?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Microsoft Dynamics CRM requirements in detail?
– How do we keep improving Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
Internet Explorer Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Internet Explorer planning and probe the present value of growth of Internet Explorer.
– Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Do we monitor the Microsoft Dynamics CRM decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Do we have past Microsoft Dynamics CRM Successes?
Internet Information Services Critical Criteria:
Own Internet Information Services leadership and oversee implementation of Internet Information Services.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Microsoft Dynamics CRM process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM process available?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Microsoft Dynamics CRM project?
– What are the usability implications of Microsoft Dynamics CRM actions?
Microsoft Dynamics Critical Criteria:
Chart Microsoft Dynamics quality and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Microsoft Dynamics projects.
– What is the value of integrating social intelligence listening and engagement into the CRM your business is using?
– Are cookies being transmitted between Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook and the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server?
– What platforms are you unable to measure accurately, or able to provide only limited measurements from?
– What role can internal branding and employee engagement play in creating a positive brand experience?
– Is Microsoft Dynamics CRM dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is there a minimum set of languages that need to be covered by translation services?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– Do you have the capability to measure cost per lead or cost per acquisition?
– Which Customers just take up resources and should be considered competitors?
– Is the difference between calls offered and calls answered abandoned calls?
– How must our value proposition change to earn greater customer loyalty?
– What are some of our options for field Service Management?
– Does on hold time include transfer time to tier 2 CSRs?
– What kinds of problems/issues do they encounter?
– Can Microsoft SQL Server Express be contacted?
– What is the recovery point objective?
– Do GM s know what CRM is?
– Where is the ROI in CRM?
Microsoft Dynamics AX Critical Criteria:
Rank Microsoft Dynamics AX management and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Microsoft Dynamics AX projects.
– When a Microsoft Dynamics CRM manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is there any existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM governance structure?
– Do we all define Microsoft Dynamics CRM in the same way?
Microsoft Dynamics C5 Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Microsoft Dynamics C5 quality and improve Microsoft Dynamics C5 service perception.
– Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– In a project to restructure Microsoft Dynamics CRM outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Microsoft Dynamics GP Critical Criteria:
Chart Microsoft Dynamics GP projects and define what do we need to start doing with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
– In what ways are Microsoft Dynamics CRM vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is Supporting Microsoft Dynamics CRM documentation required?
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Microsoft Dynamics NAV decisions and triple focus on important concepts of Microsoft Dynamics NAV relationship management.
Microsoft Dynamics SL Critical Criteria:
Recall Microsoft Dynamics SL quality and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Microsoft Dynamics SL.
– Will Microsoft Dynamics CRM deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Microsoft Dynamics CRM move?
– What will drive Microsoft Dynamics CRM change?
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Critical Criteria:
Add value to Microsoft Most Valuable Professional goals and correct Microsoft Most Valuable Professional management by competencies.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Microsoft Dynamics CRM is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Microsoft Dynamics CRM services/products?
Microsoft Office Communicator Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Microsoft Office Communicator leadership and observe effective Microsoft Office Communicator.
– Which Microsoft Dynamics CRM goals are the most important?
– What are current Microsoft Dynamics CRM Paradigms?
Microsoft Online Services Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Microsoft Online Services projects and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Microsoft Online Services projects.
– Do those selected for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM team have a good general understanding of what Microsoft Dynamics CRM is all about?
– Is a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Team Work effort in place?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Operating system risks and be persistent.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– To what extent does management recognize Microsoft Dynamics CRM as a tool to increase the results?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Microsoft Dynamics CRM opportunities costing us money?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Sort Oracle Corporation governance and probe Oracle Corporation strategic alliances.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Microsoft Dynamics CRM study?
SQL Server Reporting Services Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over SQL Server Reporting Services decisions and change contexts.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Microsoft Dynamics CRM. How do we gain traction?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
– What are the long-term Microsoft Dynamics CRM goals?
SharePoint 2010 Critical Criteria:
Canvass SharePoint 2010 goals and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling SharePoint 2010 projects.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Microsoft Dynamics CRM forward?
– What are specific Microsoft Dynamics CRM Rules to follow?
Siebel Systems Critical Criteria:
Value Siebel Systems results and probe Siebel Systems strategic alliances.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Microsoft Dynamics CRM strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Microsoft Dynamics CRM project?
– What are all of our Microsoft Dynamics CRM domains and what do they do?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Group Software categories tactics and reduce Software categories costs.
– Does Microsoft Dynamics CRM analysis show the relationships among important Microsoft Dynamics CRM factors?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Microsoft Dynamics CRM agendas for the next 3 years?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Read up on Software developer visions and spearhead techniques for implementing Software developer.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– What is the purpose of Microsoft Dynamics CRM in relation to the mission?
– Is the scope of Microsoft Dynamics CRM defined?
Software license Critical Criteria:
Review Software license failures and secure Software license creativity.
– What implementation technologies/resources (e.g., programming languages, development platforms, software licenses) does the provider support?
– Is the Microsoft Dynamics CRM organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Is our software usage in compliance with software license agreements?
– How can the value of Microsoft Dynamics CRM be defined?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Software release life cycle goals and observe effective Software release life cycle.
– Who will provide the final approval of Microsoft Dynamics CRM deliverables?
– Is Microsoft Dynamics CRM Required?
Web service Critical Criteria:
Analyze Web service outcomes and look at it backwards.
– Think about the functions involved in your Microsoft Dynamics CRM project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Microsoft Dynamics CRM project manager?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
Windows Live Messenger Critical Criteria:
Add value to Windows Live Messenger management and track iterative Windows Live Messenger results.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
– How do we go about Comparing Microsoft Dynamics CRM approaches/solutions?
Windows Server 2012 Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Windows Server 2012 outcomes and grade techniques for implementing Windows Server 2012 controls.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM process?
– What are our Microsoft Dynamics CRM Processes?
– What is Effective Microsoft Dynamics CRM?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM External links:
Upgrade Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community Forum – Support & …
Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions
.NET Framework External links:
What’s new in the .NET Framework | Microsoft Docs
Active Directory External links:
User Attributes – Inside Active Directory
Active Directory – Access & identity – IDaaS | Microsoft Azure
Azure Active Directory B2C | Microsoft Azure
Certified for Microsoft Dynamics External links:
Certified for Microsoft Dynamics NAV – mdm.online
Client Access License External links:
Event ID 21 — Terminal Services Client Access License …
Cloud computing External links:
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Customer relationship management External links:
Oracle – Siebel Customer Relationship Management
Oracle – Siebel Customer Relationship Management
Dynamics 365 External links:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Outlook software requirements
Paid Support | Microsoft Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Documentation | Microsoft Docs
Google Chrome External links:
Google Chrome – Signing In
Google Chrome – Free Download
Java and Google Chrome Browser
Independent software vendor External links:
Independent Software Vendor (ISV) – ISCORP
Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Partners | Five9
ISV (independent software vendor) – Gartner IT Glossary
Internet Explorer External links:
Enabling cookies in Internet Explorer – Time and Date
Change your home page for Internet Explorer 11
AdBlock Plus for Internet Explorer blocks annoying banner, pop-up, and video ads from appearing on the Web sites you visit. It blocks everything automatically,
Internet Information Services External links:
Microsoft Internet Information Services 8
How to: Install Microsoft Internet Information Services
Microsoft Internet Information Services 8 – RaceTrac
Microsoft Dynamics External links:
Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services
Microsoft Dynamics Learning Portal
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Documentation | Microsoft Docs
Microsoft Dynamics AX External links:
Getting address by type X++ – Microsoft Dynamics AX …
HSO: Leading provider of Microsoft Dynamics AX, CRM …
Microsoft Dynamics AX Software – 2017 Reviews, …
Microsoft Dynamics C5 External links:
Exam MB5-700: Microsoft Dynamics C5 Application …
Microsoft Dynamics GP External links:
access to batch recovery – Microsoft Dynamics GP …
Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 Release – Roadmap through …
Microsoft Dynamics NAV External links:
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Overview | Microsoft Dynamics
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Comparison Tool
Released Cumulative Updates for Microsoft Dynamics NAV …
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional External links:
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional | Southeast Asia …
I am Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (Excel) 😀 – YouTube
Flickr: Dixin Yan, Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Microsoft Office Communicator External links:
Download the Microsoft Office Communicator Client
Download Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access …
Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 is an official add-on from Microsoft that is designed to allow better collaboration and communications between several
Microsoft Online Services External links:
Microsoft Online Services Advisor – partner.microsoft.com
Microsoft Online Services
Operating system External links:
Find Out Which Operating System Is on My Computer …
Which Windows operating system am I running?
nCino Bank Operating System
Oracle Corporation External links:
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
ORCL: Oracle Corporation – Detailed Estimates – Zacks.com
SQL Server Reporting Services External links:
SQL Server Reporting Services (How Do I)
SharePoint 2010 External links:
Change page title in SharePoint 2010 – Stack Exchange
Siebel Systems External links:
Siebel Systems, Inc.: Admin. Proc. Rel. No. 34-46896
Siebel Systems Agrees to Buy Janna In Stock Swap …
Software categories External links:
How to Manage Software Categories – technet.microsoft.com
Browse All Software Categories – FinancesOnline.com
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Software developer External links:
Software Developer Job Description Examples | Indeed.com
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Software license External links:
Legal – Software License Agreements – Apple
Upgrading and renewing a software license – Symantec
Microsoft Software License Terms
Software release life cycle External links:
Skill Pages – Software release life cycle | Dice.com
Software Release Life Cycle – Quora
Web service External links:
LDAPAuth Web Service – zcs.k12.in.us
MSU Police Web Service
Free BIN/IIN Lookup Web Service – binlist.net
Windows Live Messenger External links:
How to: Sign In to Windows Live Messenger
Previously known as MSN Messenger, Windows Live Messenger is Microsoft’s answer to instant messaging. While largely the same as its predecessor, Windows Live
Windows Live Messenger – MSN – Home | Facebook
Windows Server 2012 External links:
Installing IIS 8.5 on Windows Server 2012 R2 | Microsoft Docs
Upgrade Options for Windows Server 2012 R2
Installing IIS 8 on Windows Server 2012 | Microsoft Docs