What is involved in Business process modeling
Find out what the related areas are that Business process modeling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business process modeling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business Process Modeling BPM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business Process Modeling BPM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business process modeling related domains to cover and 283 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business process modeling, Enterprise architecture, System integration, Waterfall model, Unified Process, Functional flow block diagram, Object model, Business Model Canvas, Project management, Wernher von Braun, Software deployment, Executable UML, Business reference model, Mathematical optimization, Systems development life cycle, Control flow diagram, Software engineering, Operations research, Business architecture, Incremental build model, Gantt chart, Information technology, Entity–relationship model, Change management, Quality function deployment, Niklaus Wirth, Watts Humphrey, Integrated business planning, Aerospace engineering, Performance engineering, Iterative and incremental development, Business process redesign, Reliability engineering, Agile software development, Formal methods, Object-oriented programming, Safety engineering, Peri Tarr, Trygve Reenskaug, Software architecture, Software process, Business efficiency, Radhika Nagpal, Earth systems engineering and management, Harbarian process modelling, Use case diagram, Software configuration management, Software development, Strategic management, Rapid application development, Capability Maturity Model Integration, Requirements engineering, Formalized Administrative Notation, Model Driven Engineering, Flow chart, Design review, Information model, Computer engineering, Business Process Modeling Notation, Structured analysis, Business process, Artifact-centric business process model, Industrial engineering, Software development process, Software quality, Business Process Modelling Notation, Corporate governance, Tertiary sector of the economy:
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Dissect Business process modeling failures and research ways can we become the Business process modeling company that would put us out of business.
– In the case of a Business process modeling project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Business process modeling project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Business process modeling project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Is there a Business process modeling Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– In a project to restructure Business process modeling outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Design Enterprise architecture leadership and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Enterprise architecture decisions.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Business process modeling?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– How do we go about Comparing Business process modeling approaches/solutions?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Who needs to know about Business process modeling ?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Systematize System integration strategies and maintain System integration for success.
– Can we add value to the current Business process modeling decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Do we all define Business process modeling in the same way?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
– How can we improve Business process modeling?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Examine Waterfall model engagements and create Waterfall model explanations for all managers.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Business process modeling process?
– Does Business process modeling analysis show the relationships among important Business process modeling factors?
– In what ways are Business process modeling vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Unified Process quality and revise understanding of Unified Process architectures.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Business process modeling processes?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Business process modeling services/products?
Functional flow block diagram Critical Criteria:
Adapt Functional flow block diagram tasks and optimize Functional flow block diagram leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business process modeling project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business process modeling project lifecycle?
– Is Business process modeling Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the usability implications of Business process modeling actions?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Infer Object model visions and look in other fields.
– How do we Lead with Business process modeling in Mind?
Business Model Canvas Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Business Model Canvas strategies and separate what are the business goals Business Model Canvas is aiming to achieve.
– Is maximizing Business process modeling protection the same as minimizing Business process modeling loss?
– How do we maintain Business process modelings Integrity?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Chart Project management tasks and find out.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– What of the risk of rework if initial architecture work overlooks what turns out to be critical? what is the probability of this happening?
– Originally, agile project management required collocated teams. How could a new product or service be developed in the 21st century without them?
– Exactly how does one go about adapting the agile project management model for collocated teams to virtual ones?
– Will the metrics and measurement techniques to determine project success (or failure) need to change?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– Which individual role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution?
– Justification: what are your research questions and how do you motivate them?
– How is agile project management performed in the context of virtual teams?
– How will jettisoning certain processes and structure impact the business?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– Operationally, what does project management integration mean?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– How familiar are we with Agile project management?
– what is causing us to be behind?
– Who is a customer?
Wernher von Braun Critical Criteria:
Map Wernher von Braun management and do something to it.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Business process modeling models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How do we Identify specific Business process modeling investment and emerging trends?
– How to Secure Business process modeling?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Software deployment outcomes and figure out ways to motivate other Software deployment users.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Business process modeling processes?
– What are the disruptive Business process modeling technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are our needs in relation to Business process modeling skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Executable UML Critical Criteria:
Infer Executable UML adoptions and probe Executable UML strategic alliances.
– Are accountability and ownership for Business process modeling clearly defined?
– What about Business process modeling Analysis of results?
Business reference model Critical Criteria:
Learn from Business reference model outcomes and assess what counts with Business reference model that we are not counting.
– Does Business process modeling create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– To what extent does management recognize Business process modeling as a tool to increase the results?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Business process modeling Management?
Mathematical optimization Critical Criteria:
Merge Mathematical optimization projects and mentor Mathematical optimization customer orientation.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Business process modeling goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we know that any Business process modeling analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How can you measure Business process modeling in a systematic way?
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Merge Systems development life cycle issues and overcome Systems development life cycle skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Business process modeling? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Think about the functions involved in your Business process modeling project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Does Business process modeling analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
Control flow diagram Critical Criteria:
Model after Control flow diagram goals and devote time assessing Control flow diagram and its risk.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Business process modeling study?
– What is the purpose of Business process modeling in relation to the mission?
– Why is Business process modeling important for you now?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Software engineering goals and define what our big hairy audacious Software engineering goal is.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Does Business process modeling systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Which Business process modeling goals are the most important?
– What are internal and external Business process modeling relations?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Operations research Critical Criteria:
Think about Operations research risks and differentiate in coordinating Operations research.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Business process modeling process?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Business process modeling that make it risky?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Business process modeling moving forward?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Business architecture risks and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are the key elements of your Business process modeling performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is Business process modeling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Incremental build model Critical Criteria:
Meet over Incremental build model risks and look in other fields.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Business process modeling, including any consulting or professional services?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Business process modeling process?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Business process modeling project?
Gantt chart Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Gantt chart outcomes and find answers.
– What threat is Business process modeling addressing?
– What is a GANTT Chart?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Categorize Information technology engagements and find the essential reading for Information technology researchers.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Do the Business process modeling decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– Can we do Business process modeling without complex (expensive) analysis?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Entity–relationship model projects and pioneer acquisition of Entity–relationship model systems.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Business process modeling?
– What are the short and long-term Business process modeling goals?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Change management governance and secure Change management creativity.
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Business Change and Training Manager responsibilities include Planning, coordinating and implementing an Organizational Change Management Plan?
– Have all the major Change Management issues associated with the preferred alternative been identified and discussed?
– What are the most important benefits of effective organizational change management?
– How effective is your organization with organizational change management?
– What has been your most Challenging change management experience?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– How pro-active is the Organizational Change Management Plan?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– When and how is Change Management used on a project?
– When is Change Management used on a project?
– Why do we need Change Management?
– When to start Change Management?
– What is Change Management?
Quality function deployment Critical Criteria:
Drive Quality function deployment quality and assess and formulate effective operational and Quality function deployment strategies.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Business process modeling delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Business process modeling values?
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Categorize Niklaus Wirth governance and find the essential reading for Niklaus Wirth researchers.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Business process modeling is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are specific Business process modeling Rules to follow?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Steer Watts Humphrey leadership and pioneer acquisition of Watts Humphrey systems.
– Think about the people you identified for your Business process modeling project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Business process modeling requirements in detail?
Integrated business planning Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Integrated business planning quality and get the big picture.
– Are there Business process modeling Models?
Aerospace engineering Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Aerospace engineering governance and grade techniques for implementing Aerospace engineering controls.
– Are assumptions made in Business process modeling stated explicitly?
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Performance engineering planning and proactively manage Performance engineering risks.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Business process modeling project?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Analyze Iterative and incremental development tasks and report on the economics of relationships managing Iterative and incremental development and constraints.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Business process modeling with what users do day-to-day?
Business process redesign Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Business process redesign tactics and ask questions.
– What will drive Business process modeling change?
– How can the value of Business process modeling be defined?
Reliability engineering Critical Criteria:
Debate over Reliability engineering quality and differentiate in coordinating Reliability engineering.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Business process modeling strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Group Agile software development quality and mentor Agile software development customer orientation.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– How do you take a methodology, like agile development, that basically evolved in small groups and then scale it up so that it works on projects with hundreds of developers and thousands of users?
– When youre thinking about all the different ways a product may be used in the future, do you stop at three, five, or 10 years in the future?
– How can agile software development be utilized when the development is done in several different locations instead of one site?
– How do you take an approach like CMM that is heavily about management control and measurement and make it light on its feet?
– Can you afford to lock your business into a rigid long-term project where the cost of change grows exponentially?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– Are meetings viewed as ways for managers to micromanage their teams: what have you done in the last 24 hours?
– Are you considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– What other types of systems might be able to benefit from this component?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– How good are the designers and programmers in the development team?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– What technologies are available to support system development?
– Has Your Organization Adopted One or More Agile Techniques?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– Any impediments/stumbling blocks?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Formal methods risks and devote time assessing Formal methods and its risk.
Object-oriented programming Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Object-oriented programming projects and explore and align the progress in Object-oriented programming.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Business process modeling leader?
Safety engineering Critical Criteria:
Apply Safety engineering results and balance specific methods for improving Safety engineering results.
– Is a Business process modeling Team Work effort in place?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Define Peri Tarr adoptions and check on ways to get started with Peri Tarr.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Business process modeling objectives?
Trygve Reenskaug Critical Criteria:
Grade Trygve Reenskaug adoptions and do something to it.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business process modeling process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business process modeling process available?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Software architecture quality and point out improvements in Software architecture.
Software process Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Software process tactics and point out improvements in Software process.
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– For your Business process modeling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Business process modeling into the services that we provide?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Business process modeling move?
Business efficiency Critical Criteria:
Test Business efficiency quality and observe effective Business efficiency.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Business process modeling information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Business process modeling project manager?
Radhika Nagpal Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Radhika Nagpal strategies and tour deciding if Radhika Nagpal progress is made.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Business process modeling project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Business process modeling?
Earth systems engineering and management Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Earth systems engineering and management projects and proactively manage Earth systems engineering and management risks.
Harbarian process modelling Critical Criteria:
Coach on Harbarian process modelling issues and perfect Harbarian process modelling conflict management.
Use case diagram Critical Criteria:
Systematize Use case diagram tactics and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Use case diagram.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business process modeling objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Look at Software configuration management tasks and attract Software configuration management skills.
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why are Business process modeling skills important?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
– How much does Business process modeling help?
Software development Critical Criteria:
Rank Software development management and customize techniques for implementing Software development controls.
– When you are identifying the potential technical strategy(s) you have several process factors that you should address. As with initial scoping how much detail you go into when documenting the architecture, the views that you create, and your approach to modeling are important considerations. Furthermore, will you be considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– What kind of enabling and limiting factors can be found for the use of agile methods?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Do we ask in the sprint retrospective: What went well during the sprint?
– Will the broader project community be populated appropriately?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– From Waterfall to Agile How does a QA Team Transition?
– How can a conceptual agile framework be developed?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– Detaching: when does it break down?
– How do engineers feel about it?
– How good are our agile methods?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
– Why Agile, and Why Now?
Strategic management Critical Criteria:
Nurse Strategic management visions and find the ideas you already have.
– What is our formula for success in Business process modeling ?
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Analyze Rapid application development management and oversee implementation of Rapid application development.
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project violates particular laws or regulations?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in an organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– Schedule feasibility -can the solution be designed and implemented within an acceptable time?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project can be completed on time?
– What new hardware, software, databases or procedures will improve an existing system?
– Operational feasibility -will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– What is a formalized approach for developing a project schedule?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a rad proces?
– Which sdlc results in the highest degree of user participation?
– What primary problems might a new or enhanced system solve?
– What are the primary advantages of the traditional sdlc?
– Did usability perceptions change during the rad proces?
– Should it be monitored by standard monitoring tools?
– Is the system large and can it be sensibly split up?
– How can you tell when a system is successful ?
– Is the functionality visible through the uis?
– Why are sdlcs important?
– What is architected rad?
– Is it applicable?
Capability Maturity Model Integration Critical Criteria:
Explore Capability Maturity Model Integration results and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Capability Maturity Model Integration.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Business process modeling been identified and analyzed?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Analyze Requirements engineering planning and do something to it.
– Is Business process modeling Required?
Formalized Administrative Notation Critical Criteria:
Explore Formalized Administrative Notation visions and probe the present value of growth of Formalized Administrative Notation.
Model Driven Engineering Critical Criteria:
Coach on Model Driven Engineering failures and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Model Driven Engineering results.
– Do Business process modeling rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Flow chart Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Flow chart tasks and explore and align the progress in Flow chart.
– How likely is the current Business process modeling plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What business benefits will Business process modeling goals deliver if achieved?
Design review Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Design review goals and oversee Design review requirements.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Business process modeling ?
Information model Critical Criteria:
Probe Information model projects and optimize Information model leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Business process modeling strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Has the semantic relationship between information elements been identified based on the information models and classification schemes?
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Computer engineering planning and finalize specific methods for Computer engineering acceptance.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Business process modeling activities?
– How do we manage Business process modeling Knowledge Management (KM)?
Business Process Modeling Notation Critical Criteria:
Unify Business Process Modeling Notation projects and pioneer acquisition of Business Process Modeling Notation systems.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Business process modeling opportunities costing us money?
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Read up on Structured analysis governance and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Structured analysis is getting what it needs.
– When a Business process modeling manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is there any existing Business process modeling governance structure?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Group Business process outcomes and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Business process projects.
– Do we identify maximum allowable downtime for critical business functions, acceptable levels of data loss and backlogged transactions, RTOs, RPOs, recovery of the critical path (i.e., business processes or systems that should receive the highest priority), and the costs associated with downtime? Are the approved thresholds appropriate?
– Have senior executives clearly identified and explained concerns regarding Customer Service issues and other change drivers, and emphasized that major improvements are imperative?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
– If we accept wire transfers what is the desired business process around supporting wire transfers?
– What are the relationships with other business processes and are these necessary?
– Will existing staff require re-training, for example, to learn new business processes?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– How do we improve business processes and how do we deliver on that?
– How will business process and behavioral change be managed?
– What/how are business processes defined?
Artifact-centric business process model Critical Criteria:
Review Artifact-centric business process model governance and assess what counts with Artifact-centric business process model that we are not counting.
Industrial engineering Critical Criteria:
Systematize Industrial engineering management and probe the present value of growth of Industrial engineering.
– Will Business process modeling deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Does Business process modeling appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Is the scope of Business process modeling defined?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Infer Software development process tactics and explain and analyze the challenges of Software development process.
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business process modeling processes of our organization?
– How do we Improve Business process modeling service perception, and satisfaction?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Software quality adoptions and optimize Software quality leadership as a key to advancement.
– Which customers cant participate in our Business process modeling domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
– What is Effective Business process modeling?
Business Process Modelling Notation Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Business Process Modelling Notation risks and look at the big picture.
– Does the Business process modeling task fit the clients priorities?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Corporate governance projects and look in other fields.
– Among the Business process modeling product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Tertiary sector of the economy Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Tertiary sector of the economy planning and learn.
– What are all of our Business process modeling domains and what do they do?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business Process Modeling BPM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business process modeling External links:
[PDF]Business Process Modeling and Standards – …
Enterprise architecture External links:
Center for Enterprise Architecture
Enterprise Architecture Professional Journal
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
System integration External links:
System Integration | Industrial Automation
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration …
TSS Technologies – Contract Manufacturing | System Integration
Waterfall model External links:
What are the different uses of a waterfall model? – Quora
Waterfall Model Flashcards | Quizlet
SDLC – Waterfall Model – tutorialspoint.com
Unified Process External links:
When Should We Use Rational Unified Process? – Quora
CDC UP | Home Page of the CDC Unified Process
Standards, compliance, and Rational Unified Process – IBM
Functional flow block diagram External links:
Functional Flow Block Diagram (FFBD) | Graffletopia
Object model External links:
OfficeTalk: Using the Excel Object Model to Send …
Distributed Component Object Model – technet.microsoft.com
Business Model Canvas External links:
Build your own Business Model Canvas online: BMCANVAS
[PDF]Business Model Canvas – Community Development …
https://www.cdfifund.gov/Documents/Business Model Canvas_Handout.pdf
Business Model Canvas PowerPoint Templates – …
Project management External links:
Project Management Academy – Official Site
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Wernher von Braun External links:
Wernher von Braun – history.msfc.nasa.gov
Was Wernher von Braun really a Nazi? | AL.com
Dr. Wernher von Braun | NASA
Software deployment External links:
WPKG | Open Source Software Deployment and Distribution
[PDF]Automating Software Deployment – NYU Computer …
Software Deployment Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Executable UML External links:
Executable UML (xUML)
University Bookstore at Texas State – Executable UML
Business reference model External links:
The Exploration & Mining Business Reference Model
Business Reference Model Version 2.0 – HSDL
Mathematical optimization External links:
Mathematical optimization — NYU Scholars
[1403.1166] Mathematical optimization for packing problems
Systems development life cycle External links:
[PDF]Systems Development Life Cycle: Objectives – …
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE – PCC
Control flow diagram External links:
Control Flow Diagram for COBOL – In-Com Data Systems
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Codesmith | Software Engineering & Machine Learning
Operations research External links:
Operations Research: INFORMS
[PDF]Course Syllabus Course Title: Operations Research
Operations Research on JSTOR
Business architecture External links:
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
What is Business Architecture? – The Open Group Blog
Incremental build model External links:
Incremental build model – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
Incremental build model – WOW.com
Incremental build model by John Brock on Prezi
Gantt chart External links:
Office Timeline: #1 Free timeline maker & Gantt chart creator
Gantt Chart & Timeline Software | OnePager
How to Create a Gantt Chart in Excel – Smartsheet
Information technology External links:
Box @ IU | University Information Technology Services
IUanyWare | University Information Technology Services
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Change management External links:
What is change management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
DCCA Change Management
Change management experts -Change Management …
Quality function deployment External links:
what is QFD? (quality function deployment) – IMPACture
QFD Online – Quality Function Deployment
Niklaus Wirth External links:
[PDF]Niklaus wirth pdf – WordPress.com
Watts Humphrey External links:
G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. | America’s Best Racing
Integrated business planning External links:
o9 Solutions – Demand, Supply, Integrated Business Planning
Aerospace engineering External links:
UCCS Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Aerospace Engineering | College of Engineering
Performance engineering External links:
Revshift Performance Engineering
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering – Official Site
KPE Korkar Performance Engineering
Iterative and incremental development External links:
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Business process redesign External links:
[PPT]Business Process Redesign – bestitdocuments.com
Business Process Redesign: An Overview (Article)
Reliability engineering External links:
AIMRE Consulting – Reliability Engineering & Risk …
Reliability Engineering | ASQ
Google – Site Reliability Engineering
Agile software development External links:
Agile Software Development | App Development | Softxpert
Mobile Apps, Digital Products, Agile Software Development
Agile Software Development with Team Foundation …
Formal methods External links:
NASA Formal Methods Symposium • Home
Formal Methods and Models | Volgenau School of …
Benchmarks on Formal Methods for Robotics
Object-oriented programming External links:
What Is Object-oriented Programming? – Quora
Safety engineering External links:
Safety Engineering and Claims Management – sectn.com
Radiation Safety Engineering, Inc.
APT Research, Inc. | Safety Engineering
Software architecture External links:
.NET Software Architecture Workshops – Stack Mechanics
The C4 model for software architecture
Chapter 1: What is Software Architecture?
Software process External links:
Software Process – Regis University
Business efficiency External links:
S.479 – Small Business Efficiency Act 113th Congress …
CABUZ Business Efficiency Tools
Business Efficiency For Dummies Cheat Sheet – dummies
Radhika Nagpal External links:
Radhika Nagpal, Ph.D. – Wyss Institute at Harvard
Earth systems engineering and management External links:
Earth Systems Engineering and Management as …
Center for Earth Systems Engineering and Management …
Center for Earth Systems Engineering and Management
Use case diagram External links:
Use case diagram using visio 2010 – YouTube
How to draw a UML Use Case Diagram – YouTube
Software configuration management External links:
Set up the software configuration management …
Software Configuration Management…
Software configuration management
http://In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
Software development External links:
Software Development Company | Intellectsoft US
Online Education and Software Development | Smart Horizons
Custom Software Development Company in the USA, …
Strategic management External links:
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT Essays – ManyEssays.com
Strategic Management – AbeBooks
Strategic Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Rapid application development External links:
Pega 7 Platform: Rapid Application Development | Pega
RAD (rapid application development) – Gartner IT Glossary
RAD – Rapid Application Development
Capability Maturity Model Integration External links:
CSRC – Glossary – Capability Maturity Model Integration
[PDF]Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Overview
Requirements engineering External links:
Requirements Engineering – Springer
[PDF]Requirements Engineering Process – Computer …
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Model Driven Engineering External links:
Model Driven Engineering | Department of Computer …
Flow chart External links:
Procedure Flow Chart – Title IX – MUW
Complaint Filing Flow Chart – TCU Title IX
Escrow Flow Chart | Guardian Northwest Title & Escrow
Design review External links:
Design Review Committee | Villages of Kapolei Association
[PDF]33.825 Design Review – Portland, Oregon
Design Review Board – Town of Wake Forest, NC
Information model External links:
Common Information Model – Official Site
[PDF]Information Models, Data Models, and YANG
Computer engineering External links:
Home | Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering | Virginia Tech
Business Process Modeling Notation External links:
About the Business Process Modeling Notation …
OMG Business Process Modeling Notation – va.gov
Structured analysis External links:
What is Structured Analysis? – Definition from Techopedia
Business process External links:
What is business process? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Business Process Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
20 Best Title:(business Process Manager) jobs (Hiring …
Artifact-centric business process model External links:
Artifact-centric business process model – WOW.com
Industrial engineering External links:
Industrial Engineering & Management
EPIC Systems Inc | Top Industrial Engineering Companies
Software development process External links:
Software Development Process Flashcards | Quizlet
Software quality External links:
What does a Software Quality Assurance Engineer do?
Pacific NW Software Quality Conference – PNSQC
[PPT]Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
Business Process Modelling Notation External links:
BPMN (Business Process Modelling Notation) Training
Corporate governance External links:
Corporate Governance – About Us | Aetna
The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance …
Program on Corporate Governance – About the Program